Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Reports when site is down

Hi there,

This may be a silly question but am I supposed to be able to run reports if a site is down?  I'm not sure if that information is stored on the unit itself or if it uploads it to a server somewhere in the cloud.  For instance, right now one of my sites has gone down.  It has done this numerous times over hte past week and I'm trying to create a report to show the client that they need to contact their ISP.  The reports are not being generated and they don't even show as being scheduled to run.  Will they start being generated as soon as the site comes back up or is that irrelevant?  Thank you.

Everyone's tags (3)
10 REPLIES

Hi Lok

I had a very similar case to the one you described - client was reporting the ADSL service was dropping. There actual report was that they could not maintain a secure link, constantly dropping, to their banking service. This is how the client identified the fault.

With the OnPlus unit we were able to identify there connection was dropping, frequently.

By presenting a report to the client of the Disconnect and Reconnect events it was straight forward to identify the issue to them. Turned out to be a faulty router, this was swapped out - the connection is now stable.

You mentioned reports - can you explain what you are creating. Maybe I have missed a trick in genertating this detail!

Thanks

A

I normally just create an executive summary for the past 30 days which gives enough information for them to see if there are any issues with the WAN.  This report looks more professional than the rest but I also trim off some of the extraneous details I don't think they need or care to see.  There's an option just before the end with check boxes you can either check or uncheck depending on what you want in the report.

I do wish there was a way to generate more detailed WAN reports though and I am still waiting for the ability to have control over the alert thresholds so that if my client sites go down for just a minute I don't get messages.  In South Florida this happens all of the time and I'm bothered at least 40 times a day with emails I just don't want to receive.  It's almost enough to stop using the product.  Some would say I should just create a rule and have them automatically go into a folder so I don't get the alert but then when a site actually goes down for a long period of time I wouldn't know it.  Unfortunately I have to check each and every one to see if it's a valid issue and it sometimes drives me mad.  Especially when there is severe weather down here.

Bronze

I attempted to run a report locally here with the site being down and I am able to. Could you send me the site name through a Private Message?

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Done.  Thanks!  Let me know if you require any more information.

Bronze

We are still looking into this, more information as I have it.

I'm also looking into an enhancement request to have a timeout period before sending a site down alert for a future release, as this is a pain point for you.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Thanks for looking into the timeout period for me.  It has been something that I have been promised for a long time and the more sites I create it becomes an even bigger problem.  Either it gets resolved or I will be forced to look at other solutions only because it affects my work and personal life so much with all of the extraneous alerts.  Thanks again!

Bronze

I'm still working this in parallel to see how quickly we can have this implemented. I'm sorry it was promised to you earlier and was not implemented. More updates as I have them.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Cisco Employee

Reports can be scheduled or run one-time while customer sites are offline. The only exception is with the wireless report, which can be generated while a site is offline, but the report will contain very limited data and will indicate inside the report that the site couldn't be contacted at that time to retreive data.

You mentioned:

The reports are not being generated and they don't even show as being scheduled to run.

Scheduled tasks are removed once their specified end-date has been reached. If you've scheduled a recurring report and set an end-date for it, and we've past that end-date, then the task should disappear from the list. Can you try re-scheduling the report? You should also be able to generate a one-time report even while the customer site is offline.

-mike

These aren't necessarily "scheduled" tasks.  These are tasks I choose to "Run Now" and they never show up in the queue.

Cisco Employee

Gotcha. Aqib should have the information necessary for us to debug this issue, we'll get to the bottom of it.

-mike

Views
Helpful
Replies