Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Samsung printer shows up twice on network

I have a Samsung CLP-620ND that is showing up twice on one of my networks, once with the correct MAC address and the second time with a different MAC address that I do not recognize.  The printer only has 1 wired ethernet port and no wireless.  I can't figure out where that second MAC address is coming from.  It is picking up the correct IP address for the printer on both of the instances, as well as pulling in basic information about the printer.

The connection seems to be persistent, it is not showing as "missing" and if I delete the second instance, it just comes back on the next scan.

Any ideas?

*Update - I just realized I have a Brother MFC-9840CDW on a different network that is doing the exact same thing.

• OnPlus Service
6 REPLIES

Re: Samsung printer shows up twice on network

I have reported the same issue in a separate post - Multiple MAC addresses - same device - still waiting to hear back. Can one of the OnPlus team look into this - it is happening on a couple of sites with various appliances.

Regards

A

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Bronze

Hi Derek/Austin -

We are looking into this issue with the duplicate devices now. It seems the above issues are similar. I'll let you know once I have more information.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Just noticed after the recent firmware update that the second instance of these printers now have the (?) icon on them like they are no longer being discovered.  I have deleted the second instance a while ago and so far they haven't shown back up.  I am hoping this means the new firmware resolved this issue?

Bronze

Hi Derek - We have made some enhancements to our discovery which seem to have impacted your experience. Keep us updated if the device does show again.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Has there been an update on the duplicate discovery of devices?

This is still occurring, same device, same IP address but different MAC address. Is there an explanation for why this is happening? This would be helpful to understand how it can be prevented.

Previous posts have mentioned this duplicate discovery, but I cannot find a reply attached to them.

We currently are using the OnPlus service as an internal resource. Reports are created for us, the MSP, for our clients to provide further detail, and assist with management of their infrastructure. We want to improve this facility, by creating automated reports which are being sent directly to the client.

BUT

With duplicate detail this will cause confusion for the clients, many of them will pour over the detail.

When they note the duplicate detail, this will lead to questioning of the value of the report - lacking accuracy.

Can you provide feedback on this and how it is to be resolved.

Thanks

A

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Austen, this issue seems to have been resolved on all 6 of the networks that I am using an OnPlus on. Have you rebooted your OnPlus unit since the latest firmware was released about a week ago?

Also, you will need to manually delete the duplicate devices from the topology. You should notice that there is a ? on the devices showing that they are not found. So far after a week none of my duplicate devices have shown back up.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Views
Helpful
Replies