Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Employee

Stuck on "Mounting Filesystem" when activating

Hi Team,

I have a PLG100 and am trying to activate it however it says that it's rebooting and then gets stuck on "Mounting filesystem". When I unplug and plug it back in, I can ping the device but can't connect via HTTP/S I'm also getting critical emails stating "Device: Certificate Authority (CA) bundle loaded", "GET from server failed -- couldn't connect to host"

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Cheers,

Conor

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

I've also had another look and have a warning , "Bundle retrieval unsuccessful after 2, backgrounding". Not sure if this is related?

Cisco Employee

Hi Conor,

This could be related to some work recently done to our firmware server, I think it may have just been moved and something could be off the rails there for PLG beta units. We'll check on that and get back to you. In the meantime, try doing a factory restore of that PLG by creating a file called RESTORE.TXT (case and file contents do not matter) on a USB key, formatted FAT16 or FAT32, and boot the PLG1000 with that key inserted while the PLG is connected to the internet. Should take 10-20 minutes to download a factory image and re-initialize the unit. You can watch the progress by pointing a browser at the PLG's IP address on port 81 (i.e. http://192.168.1.20:81). You would need to manually refresh that page to see progress. If the factory reset works, try re-activating.

-mike

Hi Conor,

I just double-checked the bundle download and saw no problems.  Although we are relocationg the server, the change has not yet been made, so there should be no issues at the moment.  The server in question is "software.imageboot.com" so one thing to check is that you can get DNS resolution from inside the same network as the PLG1000.  software.imageboot.com should also answer PING.  If that is OK, the next step would be to do the factory reset.

There is an extra step in the PLG1000 factory reset.  Once you have powered it up with the RESTORE.TXT USB key in place, wait for the LED to blink a pattern, unplug the USB key and power-cycle the PLG1000.  It should then wake up ready to activate.

Andy

Views
Helpful
Replies