Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Support for WLAN Controllers

Are there any plans to add support for Wireless LAN Controllers (i.e. 2106)?

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.
3 REPLIES

We definitely have been exploring the option of adding in Wireless Controllers, but nothing has been committed as of yet.  We're right in the middle of getting support added in for much of the ISR and Catalyst 2k/3k platforms over the next few upgrades. 

As for the WLC, what types of functionality would you like to be supported?  I've generally looked at basic device management - vanity icons, discovery, monitoring, and remote connections as a first step.  Enhanced capabilities like config backup and firmware could be added in later.  What other capabilities would you like to expose from the WLC perspective?

At this point, I think everything you mentioned would be a great start.  Considering firmware update to the WLC should also roll those updates out to the APs, that definitely centralizes and simplifies management.  Other than that, remote access via 80/443, which should pretty much be a no brainer, is all a very solid start.

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

Re: Support for WLAN Controllers

Any update on WLC and associated AP support?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content