Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Thunderbolt PLG1000

Where can I find set up instructions for the device? can find it but unable to log in to it.

Alan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

Thunderbolt PLG1000

Ok, you are still getting the login screen which means the device has not gone through a factory reset.  Once you do that, you should get the activation page. On our production ON100 hardware you just hold the reset button for 15 seconds, but this does not work for a PLG1000, you have to use the USB thumb-drive technique.

Robert has the reset instructions for the PLG1000 a few posts back (Nov 12, 2011 9:41 AM)

9 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Thunderbolt PLG1000

Alan,

The PLG1000 used for the Cisco OnPlus beta operates similarly to the ON100 device as far as activating and logging into the device, documentation can be found here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17447

If the device is already activated against one of your customers in the portal, you can find the credentials for the device by logging into the portal and clicking on the customer, then click 'Profile (look towards the bottom of that page).

If you've lost the customer information for the PLG1000, or need to factory reset the device in order to associate it to a customer on the beta portal (onplusbeta.com), you will need to format a USB key (any size key, MSDOS FAT-16 or 32) and place a file on the key called RESTORE.TXT (case and contents of the file don't matter). Then power the PLG1000 with the key already inserted, and it will connect to the internet and pull a new factory load. It will take several minutes for the device to pull down the latest factory image.

-mike

Community Member

Thunderbolt PLG1000

I am unable to activate, what do I do next?

It goes to Activate OnPlus Network agent page ax soon as I click activate. The ON100 is in the same LAN and I can connect to it using FindIT

Alan.

Community Member

Thunderbolt PLG1000

HI Alan,

If I understand your post correctly, you can go and see a login page when you connect to the PLG1000. If that's the case, then the 'restore' procedure that Mike suggested didn't work. If, on the other hand, the page that shows up when you visit the PLG1000 directly is an activation page, you should be able to activate it directly with the 'key' from the Portal actiavtion page.

Just to go over the factory restore procedure, you need to ensure that the USB key is formatted with FAT32 or FAT16 filesystem. Then, you need to make an empty file named 'restore.txt' on the USB drive and eject it properly. Insert the key into the PLG1000 with the power off. Then power on the PLG1000 and leave the device until the topmost LED is flashing for 2 seconds, then off for 3 second (repeating this cycle). Once the LED pattern is observed, remove the USB drive, power off the PLG1000 and then power it back on. After about 5-10 minutes, you should be able to connect directly to the PLG and see the activation screen. If that doesn't happen, post what screen you do see and we'll go from there.

My last thought is that have a could of different LAN connections on my computer and I have to make sure I have one of my LAN connections in the LAN that can directly connect to the PLG1000 that I'm trying to activate. The point being is that if you have more than one LANs you are dealing with, you want to make sure that the computer you are activating with can directly ping or connect to the PLG1000.

Hope that helps,

Robert

Community Member

Thunderbolt PLG1000

Above is the screenshot.

Thank you,

Alan.

Community Member

Re: Thunderbolt PLG1000

Hi Alan,

I think Robert is looking for a screen shot from the appliance's web page rather than from the cisco-onplus.com portal.  This would be the page FindIT links to.  We're hoping to see a screen like this:

If you get that, then you just need to do a manual activation.  On the cisco-onplus.com portal, go to the site's status page.  It will look something like this:

Rather than clicking "Activate Now", just cut/paste the Activation ID (long string of hex digits) onto the appliance's Activation ID field and click the Activate button.

On the other hand, if you don't see the applianc'e activation page, then it's possible you don't have the device reset.  In that case, you'd see a page like this:

You'll need to go though the reset instructions above again.

I'm not sure what might block the automated activation, but it does depend on several things being in alignment, and the manual activation is nearly as quick.

Andy

Community Member

Sorry Andy the only page I see is this one which I can't log into as I don't know the default username and password.

Community Member

Thunderbolt PLG1000

Ok, you are still getting the login screen which means the device has not gone through a factory reset.  Once you do that, you should get the activation page. On our production ON100 hardware you just hold the reset button for 15 seconds, but this does not work for a PLG1000, you have to use the USB thumb-drive technique.

Robert has the reset instructions for the PLG1000 a few posts back (Nov 12, 2011 9:41 AM)

Community Member

Dear Andrew and Robert,

Thank you so much for your help, my PLG1000 is now up  and running. I still am not able to login to the PLG1000 but then again I  don't need to correct?

Thank you guys for all your help!!

Cheers,

Alan.

Community Member

True, you don't generally need to log into the OnPlus Agent directly, but you if want to, can get the password from Profile tab on the cisco-onplus.com page for the site.  You can also change the password there and the new password will be pushed to the device within a minute or two.  The login user is "admin".

Andy

Views
Helpful
Replies