Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Employee

Upgrade scheduled on OnPlus portal on Saturday, November 19th at 10am CST

Dear OnPlus users,

An upgrade has been scheduled to the OnPlus portal on Saturday, November 19th at 10:00 AM CST, for a period of 2 hours.

During this time, the OnPlus portal will not be availaible for usage, and no events will be generated nor sent to external emails or mobile phones (through SMS text).

The OnPlus team appologizes for any inconvenience this may create. Please plan accordingly for this time, or just enjoy your second cup of coffee and weekend morning paper

Please feel free to post all your questions, concerns and feedback about OnPlus on this community. We'd love to hear your thoughts!

We will be posting release notes describing the latest additions shortly after.

Thank you,

The OnPlus Team

7 REPLIES

Upgrade scheduled on OnPlus portal on Saturday, November 19th at

It's Saturday evening and I am getting a message from the portal that the site is unavailable. How long do you expect the site to be down for?

Thanks
Jeff

The Cisco OnPlus Service will be upgraded to Release 6.4 software tomorrow, Saturday Nov 19, between 10:00 - 12:00 CST.  During this time the OnPlus Portal (http://www.cisco-onplus.com) may experience brief periods where the service is not accessible. 

Hi riroe

I did see that Efrat posted the upgrade; however it is well past the 10am - noon CST timeframe and wondered if there were issues. Sounds like from your post that the notice should've stated the upgrade would occur tomorrow, Sunday, Nov 20th??, Sorry just a little confused by your reply.

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff -

Our internal monitoring systems generated alert notifications on this issue.  We investigated and found the root cause to be related to firmware updates of the On100 devices.

The upgrade was completed as expected during the scheduled time.  However, the OnPlus devices in place at customer sites perform a daily maintenance themselves.  This occurs by default between midnight to 05:00 local time (with respect to the device).  The exact time is assigned when the device is installed.  During this maintenance window the On100 device checks for firmware updates.  If new firmware is available the device downloads it and reboots.  New firmware was made available during the Release 6.4 upgrade on Saturday.

We began receiving alarms related to high bandwidth utilization and higher than expected CPU load around 23:00 CST, which corresponds to midnight EST.  These alarms were traced to the firmware download activity.  Web access to the portal is taking longer than normal, but we have not seen any login failures or failure of any features on the website.

Please describe the symptoms you observed.  Also, can you provide 1) the partner ID used to login to cisco-onplus.com, and 2) the city/geography from which you attempted to login ?

Regards,

- r.

Randy Isbell

SBTG Cloud Service Operations

Hi Randy

I receive and continue to receive the following:

This is happening no matter what browser I've used, the message above is from Firefox, I've also tried IE and Opera. I have no problems logging into any other Cisco area. I've tried from the client site, where the device is located and from my office, both of which are in San Diego County CA, but about 30 miles apart.

Thanks

Jeff

Cisco Employee

Hi Jeff,

i think you might be trying to log into the production portal (http://www.cisco-onplus.com), but I believe that you've only registered your username to the Beta portal (http://www.onplusbeta.com). You should go ahead and register on the production portal as well.

-mike

Thanks Mike

I'm in now and my device is activating at the client site as I write!

Jeff

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content