Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Wan IP and can't login to Customers Portal

I had to delete the Customer (me) since I changed the password since the Customer Portal (us) couldn't login.  I re-created the Customer (me) and there is no Wan IP listed and still can't login to Customer Portal (us). 

I just deployed this on our network so sorry for the Newbie question.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Leo

Everyone's tags (6)
9 REPLIES

I know my response may seem a little basic, but have you reviewed the Cisco O100 Network Agent Quick Start Guide located here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17447

It will take you through a fairly straightforward step-by-step deployment which usually works without any issues.

If you have, would you mind giving a little more detail on what all you have done, are doing, and what detailed challenges you are having?  If you can grab screenshots of what you're seeing, that would be helpful as well.

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.
Cisco Employee

Hi Leo,

If I follow correctly, you activated the ON100 to a customet on the portal, then deleted that customet and created a new one. If this is the case, you will need to factory reset the ON100, and then activate the unit against the new customer. To factory reset the ON100, hold the reset button on the unit for 15 seconds. The device will then go pull down a factory image, and after 10-20 minutes (after you get the single green status light on the unit) you should be able to activate it again using the Activate Now link in your new customer's Status page on the portal.

-mike

I reset the device as Mike suggested and still get this:

Activate OnPlus Network Agent

Unable to determine a local IP address for any OnPlus Network Agent on your current network.

• Verify     that the OnPlus Network Agent is connected to the same local network  as this browser. The OnPlus Network Agent must be located on the same       public WAN IP address block (38.96.x.x) as your current web browser.
  • Non-activated  OnPlus Network Agents will attempt to broadcast their IP for up to 30  minutes and if successful will display here for up to 4 hours. Try  power-cycling the OnPlus Network Agent if it has been online for longer  than 30 minutes.
  • Check that DHCP service is running on the local  network so that the OnPlus Network Agent is able to acquire an IP  address via DHCP. You  will be able to change the OnPlus Network Agent  to use a static IP address if you choose to (recommended), but DHCP  service is required to initially access the OnPlus Network Agent.
  • Check that DHCP clients can route to the Internet.
  • If  the site hosting the OnPlus Network Agent has multiple WAN paths to the  Internet, try refreshing this page. Your browser must access this page  from the same WAN IP address as the OnPlus Network Agent.

My Computer and Device are on the same subnet and I can ping it as well.  Does this device need to be seen from the outside of the Internal Network?

I got it now.  Thanks Michael, I just needed to hold the reset button down longer.  Thanks for the help!!

Cisco Employee

Great! You can disregard my last post then.

-mike

Cisco Employee

isdept@bishops.com wrote:

My Computer and Device are on the same subnet and I can ping it as well.  Does this device need to be seen from the outside of the Internal Network?

Yes, the device needs internet connectivity in order to announce itself to the portal (behind a NAT is fine). When the device is powered up in a non-activated state, it will advertise it's presense to the portal (the page you pasted above) for about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, you may need to power-cycle the device in order to get it to advertise itself again.

You can leave your web browser on the page above and just hit 'refresh' after the device has power-cycled and has been online for about 1 minute (and is connected to the internet), and you will hopefully see the page change with a link to activate the device.

I am on the Cisco Onplus portal Page and see this under the Status Tab:

Status

Activated, Offline

The OnPlus portal cannot communicate with OnPlus Network Agent.

Check with your customer to verify that the OnPlus Network Agent is connected and powered on.

The Device is on, I go to the device IP and see this:

Subsystem Status

Cisco OnPlus Network Agent

Customer Name     Leo Dano
Portal ID     28902.4991.cisco-onplus.com
System Name     onplus20EB62
IP Address     10.10.0.9
MAC Address     64:00:F1:20:EB:62
Current     OnPlus-Release-6.9.2.007
Base Firmware Version     30.44
Device Model     ON100
Firmware status     Current
Account Status     OK
PKI Subsystem Status     OK
Settings Monitor     Running
Service Announcement     Running
Zeroconf Management     Running
Discovery     Running
Time Service     Running
Monitoring     Running

Name, etc are all there, they just didn't transfer on the copy/paste

Cisco Employee

Re: Wan IP and can't login to Customers Portal

Have a look at the Cisco OnPlus User Guide here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17447

There is a list of TCP/UDP ports that must be allowed to initiate outbound connections to from the network that the ON100 is located on:

• Port 53 UDP (DNS)

• Port 123 UDP (NTP)

• Port 443 TCP (HTTPS)

• Port 80 TCP (HTTP)

• Port 14931 UDP (WAN Network Performance monitoring via the OnPlus

Network Agent)

• Ports 11300 TCP and 11400 TCP

I'd check that outbound TCP connections towards port 11300 are being allowed by the LAN's firewall out towards the internet, that's the most common reason that the status would show as 'Activated, Offline', if the ON100 isn't able to connect to the portal's port 11300 TCP.

Re: Wan IP and can't login to Customers Portal

In addition to Mike's comments, I would also check the following.

1). If there is an IPS inline, ensure it isn't blocking and add an exception if necessary.

2). If you have a Web or SPAM filter inline, I would recommend adding an exception for the ON100 agent's IP. I've seen instances where a Barracuda, for example, is filtering more traffic than just what you would expect and adding an exception for the IP rectified the issue, even when the ports were well outside of SMTP, HTTP/HTTPS, etc.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content