cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Entering Items with Blank Serials

mloraditch
Level 7
Level 7

I am Tier 2 and use disti. I just got access to CSCC. In SMS3 I would generate quotes and I could import hardware with blank serials. I often do this when working on deals as I need to find out how much of each SMS sku I need so that I can submit for an OIP, TIP, etc. I do this well before I have the hardware and thus leave the serials blank. I go in and register after the SMS3 quotes have been processed to order and I have the relevant hardware.

I am testing out CSCC and got it to accept a WS-C2960X-48FPS-L with no serial, but got validation errors on  the following:

C2951-CME-SRST/K9
C3925-CME-SRST/K9
CISCO2911-SEC/K9

I couldn't validate the whole quote w/o removing them. Is this expected? A bug?

2 Replies 2

Zach Burdick
Level 1
Level 1

Try building an estimate instead of a quote.  With an estimate you can turn off the serila number validations in the preferences.

Once you have the SN's you will be able to convert it as a quote.  In many ways CSCC falls short of the ease of SMS3 where you could just turn a quote into pending registration.  Estimate is probably your best way to go if you dont want to have serial numbers though.  Not sure how it affects OIP

I don't have an option to do that! Guess Tier 2 doesn't get that... I guess I'll open a support case and see if I can get it added.