cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1+1 Port Protection on OC-n on ONS-15454

Stephen King
Level 1
Level 1

I have a delima. When we setup the 1+1 protection, one node was a at Ver. 6.x and the other node was at ver 4.x and there were two different entities were doing the provisioning. The provisioning ended up being crossed over, no APS invalid errors came up until we U/G to Ver. 8.5. I have traffic provisioned on what is my Working side. Is there a way to reprovision the 1+1 without deleting the traffic? Or will I need to just move the fibers?

2 Replies 2

Tom Randstrom
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should take a look at the "Bridge and Roll" feature to see if your current circuit configuration would be supported:

<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/optical/15000r8_5/15454/sonet/reference/guide/r85circ.html#wp195717>

viyuan700
Level 5
Level 5

in 1+1 protection, the same signal flow through both fiber simultaneouly but only one is slected at receive end. So you can force your protection to work on one side then you can make necessary changes to the other side and then repeat the process once again to make changes to the side it was working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: