cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

15454 VTT VT Tunnels- how to view whats inside?

bennettjim
Level 1
Level 1

Ive noticed something odd about VT Tunnels. There does not seem to be an easy way to view what VTs are contained in a given tunnel. The details on the Tunnel just shows the path and the STS used but not whats inside it.

Also, when deleting a tunnel there is a message that says "deleting tunnels with circuits in it will affect traffic" or something to that effect. If you click ok on an empty tunnel, the deletion goes thru without incident.

If you click ok on a tunnel with existing VTs in it, you get a sanity check failed saying that there are existing circuits in the tunnel.

Wouldnt it make more sense for the sanity check to be done up front and telling the provisioner that there is or isnt circuits in the tunnel beforehand? Either way, it would certainly be nice if the contained VTs in a tunnel could be viewed beforehand.

2 Replies 2

p.pulickal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You could go to Network view on the CTC, select the link between the nodes and right click. On the pop-menu, select "Circuits" and this displays all the used and un-used STS'es. If you are using a VTT, it displays the VT's within the VTT.

This is the only method that I am aware off to view VT's within a VTT.

My 2 cents.

Regards,

Praveen.

p.pulickal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You could go to Network view on the CTC, select the link between the nodes and right click. On the pop-menu, select circuits and this display all the used and un-used STS'es. If you are using a VTT, it displays the VT's within the VTT.

This is the only method that I am aware off to view VT's within a VTT.

My 2 cents.

Regards,

Praveen.