Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

15454E-E1-42 EQPT: Equipment Failure Alarms

Hi,

There are two 15454E-E1-42 cards raised EQPT: Equipment Failure Alarms, and no other alarms related to any ports could be found, and it seemed no service have been affected.

The problem is I could not find any way to clear EQPT:Equipment Failer alarms as troubleshooting guide said, since a reset or reseat of affecting card procedure would cause over 40 service-critical circuits to fail for 5 or 6 minutes at the same time.

Are there any solution or suggestion I can follow without cause massive circuits failure?

Thanks for your tips.

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: 15454E-E1-42 EQPT: Equipment Failure Alarms

Hi,

if I understand right, then you already did a switch to standby TCC2 and back. Are both cards in the same chassis and on the the same side? Were the alarms raised at the same time?

If the cards are on the same side, please try also a crossconnect switch.

You could also telnet to a TL1 session and to have a look if the system writes something on the console.

Cheers

Rene

Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

There are two 15454E-E1-42 cards in different node, and both in Slot 1, and NE running on software v6.2.2.

I have not tried to switch standby TCC2 yet, and the alarms were raised one after another.

I don't think these two alarms are related, since there are no circuit were carried between these two cards.

I tried to have one 15454E-E1-42 card reset through CTC, it did not work until I had it reseated, then the alarm were cleared and did not raise again ever since.

I'm still trying to find a way to clear this alarm on the other card without affecting any circuits it carried.

Btw, is it possible to add another E1-42 card in Slot 2 or Slot 3, same NE, with some o extral configures, as a spare protection mechnism ?

Any suggestion would be appreciate.

Yours,

Zouyu

Bronze

Hi,

okay, now I understand the situation better. yes, I think also the only solution is to reseat the E1-42 cards. I had this also several times, also with other cards.

If your services are so critical it's a good idea to install a 1:N protection for the E1-42 cards. Install in slot 3 a spare E1-42. But you have also to buy a new FMEC with protection. So at least one maintenance window is still required.

I hope this helps. Please rate all posts.

Cheers

Rene

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content