Views
Helpful
Replies

1550nm connect to 1310nm?

zhiqiang.fang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, sir,

Is it possible that 15454E-MRC-I-12 with SFP ONS-SI-155-L2 installed connects to another device which one's Emission wavelength is 1310nm?

If possible, how to do it?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

zhiqiang.fang
Level 1
Level 1

I found a document from

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/ong/15400/454spint/gbicsfp.htm#wp119254

I think I need to change a SFP ONS-SI-155-L2 to ONS-SI-155-L1 with emission wavelength 1310nm.

Is it right?

Use either the -I1 or -L2, intermediate reach and long reach, respectively, as they are both 1310nm optics.

Most receiver modules can accept signals at either 1310 or 1550nm wavelengths (although the vendor typically will not test at both). That said, it is best practice to match the optics at both ends of a link, as it makes for simplified troubleshooting. Also, attenuation is lower at 1550nm and may require the addition of optical attenuation to make sure that the receive optical power level does not exceed the receiver's limits of operation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: