Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

3945 vwic3-4mft-t1/e1 and OC3

I've programmed my T1's however I'm having difficulty getting the T1's to attach to a PVC.  I'm attempting to get multiple T1's over a single OC3 ATM connection.  The ATM connection is up and working, for example I can CDP across the ethernet link I've set up.  However I cannot, for the love of me get the T1's to travel across the connection.

All of the Cisco documents I can pull up on google do not offer any help.  As I'm not sure if it's outdated or if I'm missing something stupid entirely.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Everyone's tags (2)
3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: 3945 vwic3-4mft-t1/e1 and OC3

A 3945 is purely a router, not an optical mux, or ADM, neither is an ATM switch etc.

If you desire any of the functions above, you will need another platform. Otherwise explain what you're tryng to connect and how.

What we're trying to do is take a trunk of ethernet, and 4 T1's.  "Mux" them into an OC-3 ATM connection as we have a microwave system in place that requires OC-3 input.  We have 2 3945 routers with OC-3 ATM Modules(

NM-1A-OC3-POM), the plan was to have one router on each side of the microwave.  Data coming into the router, out the OC-3 and back again.

We had a company(not sure which off the top of my head), draw up a plan based on our requirements, the plan was to have them install it but we were eventually forced to do it internally.  To make this work would we need different modules, or entirely new equipment?

Thanks for the help!

Hall of Fame Super Gold

You can do that with the router working at layer 3. That is, configuring Ip addresses, etc. The router can also transport voice T1s using the appropriate hardware.

Otherwise for layer 1/2  transport of T1 and ethernet, you will have to look at very different and more expensive platforms.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content