Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

About ME 3400 series switches

Is there any documentation which product comes with empty SFP/GBIC slots and which full? Actually I interested with ME-3400-24FS-A model.

I need SFP module 10/100 with SC connector type (20 km) which works on a single mode. Can anyone advise me which SFP type module must I choose.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Tom Randstrom
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you want to find out what transceivers are compatible with your Cisco equipment, go to the following URL and then select the speed of the tranceiver:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps5455/products_device_support_tables_list.html

Reviewing the 100Mb Ethernet link, this should be the information you need...

ME-3400-24FS-A

GLC-GE-100FX
GLC-FE-100FX
GLC-FE-100LX
GLC-FE-100BX-D
GLC-FE-100BX-U

GLC-FE-100EX
GLC-FE-100ZX

12.2(40)SE

12.2(46)SE

There are two types of Fast Ethernet SFPs; one designed for 100Mb capable transceiver slots ("FE" in the part number) and one designed for GigE compatible transceiver slots ("GE" in the part number). Review the user guides to determine the bandwidth of the transceiver slot you will be using.  

As I understand switch comes with empty SFP slots.

Is there any SFP supported by this switch, that includes SC connector????

Thanks again.

SFPs transceivers always have LC connectors (due to the small physical size of the module). 

You can purchase fiber optic jumper cables that have LC connectors on one end and SC (or other connector types) on the other end.  They are available from many, many sources, Panduit, Fiber Instrument Sales, FRYs, etc.  Just select the connector type, connector polish, fiber type, length and jacketing size.

Thanks for advice.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: