Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Don't miss this Cisco Catalyst 8000 offer

Forum Posts

What is the MTBF for 1000BASE-SX SFP adapters? I have looked through the product documentation/specifications here with no success (the product documentation is pretty weak): https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/interfaces-modules/1000base-sx-sfp/mo...

m65045132 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I hope someone could please help clarify TX and RX light level.   This is the information i got from the CLI of cisco router:                                            Optical   Optical          Temperature  Voltage  Current   Tx Power  Rx Powe...

1230639am by Level 1
  • 25 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I would like to know if the following connection is correct for communicate two site using a SMF (Single Strand): Catalyst 3850 -> GLC-BX-D ----> Single Strand of SMF <---- GLC-BX-U-> Catalyst 3850 One GLC-BX-D in one side of the link and one GL...

Dear Team, I have CBS350 24P 4g switch , switch firmware is latest ( 3.4.0.17 ) and there are 4 SFP ports are available and i used MGBLX1 module , when i tried module connect show logs as ,  11-Mar-2024 07:23:44 :%NSFP-I-SFPGibicDetected: gi28 SFP po...