Views
Helpful
Replies

Brand New to 15454's

WAYNE MOORE
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I am new to 454's and am bringing up five new ones, they are in place already with OC192s connecting them. My questions are what is the best practice for implementation, I have only IP access to one of them and the rest should be able to be seen via light, but I dont see them, also I cant seem to get CTC running when I go to run CTC on the one that I can see by IP the grey block comes up then the Black DOS window comes up, the Black DOS windwow goes away and the solid grey block has only a grey outline and there it stops. can anyone help me?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

Try to Connect a PC and the gray node back to back, and start CTC. This can happen if the memory is corrupted by some means. Please ensure that you are running the latest releases on the boxes.

melon_2
Level 1
Level 1

Have you turned up DCC on your high speed links? Have you configured the static routes? The "gateway NE has a router gateway IP and the "slave" nodes do not have router gateway IPs? The computer you are trying to reach them with is on the same network you have static routes configured for? If everything is correct and the problem persists, reboot the TCC cards one at a time (give some time between reboots) on the node that is unreachable, and then on the gateway if all the slave nodes are unreachable.