Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco ONS 15305 upgrade

ypetrov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Could anybody provide me information about possibility of upgrade of ONS 15305 from realese 1.1.1 to release 3.0 ?

Are there any addition requirements concerning hardware (memory and so on...)?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rene Frank
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

the upgrade to 3.0 depends on the flash card and if want run CTC. You can upgrade every 15305 to R3.0 and use CEC. If you want use CTC, then you need at least 64 MB flash for software, firmware and CTC image.

Normally a R1.1.0/1.1.1 or R2.0 chassis have 64 or 128 MB. Unfortunately you can't see in CEC how much flash is installed in your chassis. You have to reboot. The system writes on the console the type of the installed flash card.

If your chassis have less than 64MB, then you have to buy a new chassis. There is no upgrade program from Cisco;-(

I hope this helps. Please rate all posts.

Cheers

Rene

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rene Frank
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

the upgrade to 3.0 depends on the flash card and if want run CTC. You can upgrade every 15305 to R3.0 and use CEC. If you want use CTC, then you need at least 64 MB flash for software, firmware and CTC image.

Normally a R1.1.0/1.1.1 or R2.0 chassis have 64 or 128 MB. Unfortunately you can't see in CEC how much flash is installed in your chassis. You have to reboot. The system writes on the console the type of the installed flash card.

If your chassis have less than 64MB, then you have to buy a new chassis. There is no upgrade program from Cisco;-(

I hope this helps. Please rate all posts.

Cheers

Rene