Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ONS 15454 Configuartion

adhillon1982
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I  have two Cisco ONS 15454 , CTC Version: 8.5 & i have to configure  the setup for DWDM testing .Can anyone let me know following:-

1. How to connect two Cisco ONS 15454?

2. Steps to configure the Cisco ONS 15454 for DWDM?

3. How to connect/configure brocade 5100 8Gbps FC switch?

Connectivity Flow:

Brocade 5100 ->Cisco ONS 15454 Node A ->Cisco ONS 15454 Node B ->Brocade 5100

Since I am very new in configurating the CISCO product , any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

20 Replies 20

Amardeep Dhillon,

Glad to hear you have everything connected. To clear the Hi-Rx alarm you have first check the Rx power on that MXP_MR card by going into the card and then clicking on the performance tab. You should see the Rx Optical Pwr for Port 9. The specifications vary depending on if you are using FEC or not. You should be around a -8 to a -20. If you are higher than a -8 you'll have to put a pad on it to get in between -8 and -20. Hope this helps.

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

FEC is enabled & right now the Rx Optical Pwr showing -7.5 & minor alert is generated. I tried increasing the

single mode FC cable length by 100 Ft so in total it was 300 Ft to MXP_MR card as i dont have attenuator but no luck.

Thanks

Take a pencil and wrap the receive fiber jumper around it until the optical level gets to the value to remove the alarm (should be a couple of wraps).  Hopefully the jumper's fiber isn't made with bend insensative fiber.. otherwise it will require quite a few wraps!

After performing the steps given by Tom, The minor Alert just went away & both the ONS switches are now green & healthy.

Thanks Ryan , Tom, Chris for your quick , wonderful tips & suggestion.

Glad to be of some assistance.  Hats off to Chris-Hart for creating a CTP file for the network.  Glad to have that kind of support in the Cisco Community!

Thanks Tom, glad to be of service.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: