port channel group 2 on

nothing  on the switch can speak to those port channels

where have i gone wrong

Thanks

John

3 Replies 3

Hi 

Can you share me your switch configuration , 

Similarly have enabled NIC teaming on your Dell & NAS server ??

HTH

Sandy 

LJ Gabrillo
Level 5
Level 5

It's not server dependent, it is OS dependent, whatever OS or Hypervisor you installed in your server
You need to match that on the switch

for VMWare they support mode ON, so your config above works, but you need to change the hashing on the ports to "route based on IP Hash"

for Windows Hyper-V, it supports both ON and active(LACP), on your hypervisor you select either static for ON, and LACP for well, LACP

your config doesn't stop there, you need to configure your OS/Hypervisor the corresponding vSwitch.

All in all, you lack configuration on your server itself

Hi John,

When you create NIC teaming on your Dell server (I assume you are not using Hypervisor) , what type of teaming you have chosen.

If you have chosen Smart Load balancing, you don't need to configure etherchannel on your switch. But try to avoid that.

If you have chosen 802.3ad Link Aggregation (LACP), the configuration on your switch should be " channel-group 1 mode active "

Cheers

Zarni

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: