Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Optical 9.6.3 - Services dont come up

4Sl0tPhil
Level 1
Level 1

Dear community,

I am encountering a strange problem on a customer premises. I installed the CPO 9.6.3 on a HP DL380G5 without any issue as a test System. All was working fine, I could create documentation...

Now at customer site I expected to get the installation done according to my documentation.

I installed RHEL 5.4 on a IBM HS42 and installed CPO 9.6.2 for small environments.

But the only the Apache Webserver service comes up.

[root@cpo963 ~]# opticalctl status

Cisco Prime Optical Server Version: 9.6.3 Build: 361 / Oracle Embedded

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USER       PID      %CPU      %MEM     START      TIME   PROCESS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

root      2739       0.0       0.0  12:01:59      0:00   Apache Web Server

The CTM Server,  CTM Server, OrchestrationService, SMService, SNMPTrapService and TOMCAT services are missing and I dont find a logfile that states an error.

Did anybody encounter this problem too ? Or knows where to enable more debug commands ?

1 Reply 1

supoonia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Philipp,

Please check which CPU processor it the IMB server running with (/proc/cpuinfo file)

If it is an AMD Opteron multicore processor it could be a known issue and we have a workaround.

Please file a SR, so that we can work with BU on this to fix it.