cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Compatibility of GLC-SX-MM with GLC-SX-MMD.

Hi ALL,

My query to all of you is that if I connect a GLC-SX-MM at one end and

GLC-SX-MMD at the other end, will the link come up.The difference between

the modules is that one supports Digital Optical Monitoring and other does not.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As long as you are using the correct patch cable (MM) and your backbone is also MM, then yes.  The GLC-SX-MMD and GLC-SX-MM are compatible.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As long as you are using the correct patch cable (MM) and your backbone is also MM, then yes.  The GLC-SX-MMD and GLC-SX-MM are compatible.

+1 what Leo said.

I've used "D" and "non-D" transceivers together just fine.

Thanks for the VIP Endorsement, Marvin.

Hi All,

Thanks for your crarification.

Just a small query,  If I connect one  switch having GLC-SX-MMD module with existing switch having GBIC_SX module will it work?

Just a small query,  If I connect one  switch having GLC-SX-MMD module with existing switch having GBIC_SX module will it work?

Same answer as before:  As long as you are using the correct patch cable (MM) and your backbone is also MM, then yes.  The GLC-SX-MMD and G5484 GBIC are compatible.

All ,

I have one more question on the GBIC-SX  cards  ,  these cards currenlt connected to switch  WS-C2950G-48-EI

planning to upgrade switch to  WS-C2960S-48LPS-L  with GLC-SX-MMD , however customer like to use same cable which are connected to  old switch GBIX_SX card   at new switch GLC-SX-MMD cards , would like to know is this works

Regards

Lerner

Hi

Does Cisco Firepower 2130 support GLC-SX-MM? In the Cisco document, only GLC-SX-MMD= is given. But if i connect GLC-SX-MM will it work?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/2100/hw/guide/b_install_guide_2100/overview.html#concept_96D56F5D3ADB4FA0B3EA301D3445D629

I suspect they are not listed as compatible because the GLC-SX-MM end of sales date was four years ago - well prior to the introduction of the Firepower 2100 series in early 2017.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/transceiver-modules/eol_c51-698060.html

Cisco doesn't test every transceiver ever sold with every new product. From what I have seen they draw the line with testing older discontinued products on new platforms.

If you have some old GLC-SX-MM transceivers on hand you can try one and see if it works. I wouldn't count on that as "plan A" though.

Thanks for your revert.

The compatibility of GLC-SX-MM with GLC-SX-MMD depends not on whether one supports DOM and the other doesn't, but depends on the consistency of your patch cable and backbone(both MM for example).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: