Views
Helpful
Replies

Converting SDH to DWDM

h.3brahimi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a product to convert SDH to DWDM. Waiting to hear from an expert.

Regards,

Hesam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, in attah 

- functional view and shelf view of each side.

- BOM (GPL Price)

- Cisco Transport Planer Designe File (can open only Cisco Engineer and partner optical engineers) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tqiqufwy2av3lik/AAAx9Tp7lEfntNKqKMhs8m-ma

On each side we will use Muxponder Any Rate witch will multiplex 2 STM-1 and 2 STM-4 in one ODU2. This ODU2 mutiplexed in passive multiplexor (15216-HD-EXT-PNL= +15216-FLD-4-30.3=), this is optional if you will not add aditional services. Then signal goes to Optical Service Channel Card with you for management.

You could send BOM with Cisco Transport Planer File to Cisco Partner or to Cisco Team, then they will give Discount for it.

Give me your e-mail I will send you books directly.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

kayukovvalera
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, you do not need any procedures. You can use SDH+DWDM or SONET+DWDM. There are two types of software. You can use dwdm cards and sdh cards in one  shasses. I can recomend you provision one parametr: Provisionong -> WDM\ANS.

Add value: Parametr - Network Type, Value - Metro Core, Measurement unit - string.

After provisioning this parametr you can manualy privisioning other dwdm card parametrs and apply them in system.

Dear kayukovvalera,

Thanks for the reply. I do not understand what you meant by provisioning. If you don't mind ellaborate a little on this subject. Maybe you are mentioning using Cisco ONS series. Let me put it in a better way: One of our customer has 4 SDH line terminating in a non-cisco product. All they want is a solution to integrate all of these 4 SDH line in a Cisco device and and have one DWDM line on the other side. Is it possible ? I am not so much into fiber technology, so execuse me if I stated anything wrong. Waiting to hear from you.

Regards,

Hesam

Now, I understand you mutch better. I suggested that you alredy have cisco's sdh and dwdm. Now you need to provie information about:

- fiber (fiber type, lenght, los of fiber (if you have it))

- SDH interfaces type (speed - STM-4/16/64, type SR, L1, L2)

Then I will make solution for you.

Dear kayukowalera,

Regarding the fiber type I think they use SC connector if this is what you need to know and the distance is around 70Km. The SDH interfaces type are divided into two groups as follows: two STM-1 and two STM-4 and the type is L1. By the way, would you mind recommending a book on the basics of fiber technologies and fundamentals ?  Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Hesam

Hi, in attah 

- functional view and shelf view of each side.

- BOM (GPL Price)

- Cisco Transport Planer Designe File (can open only Cisco Engineer and partner optical engineers) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tqiqufwy2av3lik/AAAx9Tp7lEfntNKqKMhs8m-ma

On each side we will use Muxponder Any Rate witch will multiplex 2 STM-1 and 2 STM-4 in one ODU2. This ODU2 mutiplexed in passive multiplexor (15216-HD-EXT-PNL= +15216-FLD-4-30.3=), this is optional if you will not add aditional services. Then signal goes to Optical Service Channel Card with you for management.

You could send BOM with Cisco Transport Planer File to Cisco Partner or to Cisco Team, then they will give Discount for it.

Give me your e-mail I will send you books directly.

Hi,

I appreciate all the effort that you put into this scenario. You can reach me using the following email: h.3brahimi@gmail.com

Regards,

Hesam

Dear kayukowalera,

I haven't still received the books that you mentioned. Waiting to hear from you.

Regards,

Hesam

Hi h.3brahimi ,

I don't know why kayukovvalera is suggesting you a 15216 a CWDM product.  you don't need such a big system as per you messages you have 2 STM1 and 2 STM 2 and you need single line STM 16 line to carry all your muliple line rate..

Why cant you take an SDH box which takes you 4 STM signal and gives you a single STM16. Just 2 SDH boxes will be enough WITHOUT ANY DWDM?CWDM boxes.  Only things you need to look for STM 16 see which card can take you 70KM. 

DWDM/CWDM is overkill for your sceneriao Also we don't know your budget if you have any money to sepnd then you can buy anything. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: