cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTC Management Network Connectivity

aweday
Level 1
Level 1

I have about 60 15454s and I am using the RIP tables with SOCKS only enabled at 7 nodes to segment the CTC traffic for improved response. I will have LAN access at every node soon. As I transition over and set the gateway address at my new LAN access nodes, the CTC traffic still prefers to use the SDCC rather than the LAN connection. I see the direct LAN connection to my nodes using a tracert from my CTC laptop but the Netwrok Routing Table from the nodes and delayed CTC response indicates CTC is using the SDCC.

How do I transition to every node having LAN connections?

Angie

1 Reply 1

chris-hart
Level 1
Level 1

RIP is based on a hop count irespective of whether there is a better higher bandwidth route available so with RIP the route with the least hop count will always be selected, personally I would look at implementing OSPF instead as this uses the available bandwidth as part of the calculation to select a route and you may find it works better in your network. I'm not sure why you need to have LAN access at every node, this seems to be a bit of an overkill and is not really necessary if you have 2 SDCC links into each node.