Views
Helpful
Replies

DWDM Installation.

atul_dalvi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I. ONS 15454 DWDM: 1. AD-2C Module - 1546 TX,RX - 1546 TX,RX - EXP TX,RX - COM TX,RX2. OSCM Module - TX,RX.3. OPT-PRE - MON TX,RX - COM TX,RX - DC TX,RX .4. OPT-BST - MON TX,RX - COM TX,RX - OSC TX,RX - LINE TX,RX.5. TCC2P Active and Standby.6. 10 DME Module. II. ONS 15454 DWDM: 1. AD-2C Module - 1546 TX,RX - 1546 TX,RX - EXP TX,RX - COM TX,RX2. OPT-PRE - MON TX,RX - COM TX,RX - DC TX,RX .3. TCC2P Module - Active and Standby.4. 10 DME Module.

I would like to know that is it the right combination.

Client is looking for point to point connectivity for servers location at different location.

Regards

3 Replies 3

rick.king
Level 1
Level 1

Impossible to tell you this. You did not give enough specifics such as what the connectivity is for (i.e. G or FC etc), and especially the distance from site to site or more specifically the fiber characterization/loss. If you ran this in MetroPlanner, then you should be fine. If not, without the fiber loss info, the amp cards could be overkill. The other cards should be fine.

Dear,

We are implementing this setup for DISASTER RECOVERY. Basically we are looking for point to point link using ONS 15454 at both location.I joined this company very recently and I am very new to SDH.

I would like to know which all module's are required to build up a point to point link between two location.

Waiting for your reply.

You need to verify the network using Cisco's Transport Planner (formerly Metro Planner). Work with a Cisco SE or optical reseller. They will need to understand your fiber network to confirm necessary circuit packs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: