cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

fiber protection

hashaari
Level 1
Level 1

Consider this case 1 got 3 sites with DWDM equipment namely A, B and C say I deployed 15252 for A and C then B with 15201 and all the CLIP configured for fiber protection of certain value 50/50, 90/10 etc, refer ditext diagram below

A -> B -> C

Say one day I'd like to put 1 more site say D in between A and B, what would be the impact, putting aside disruption of services between A and B? my questions ?

1. That fiber protection ratio? what does it mean?

2. Would that interfere with fiber protection split parameters on the CLIP on existing A and B DWDM box? If it is what am I going to do with it?

Also referring to same case site A -> B -> C, if site B could not be ready on-time but the fiber is already there, and I want to proceed with connecting site A and C direct (point-to-point) by doing some patching n fiber termination at site B,

1.can it be done, referring to the split ratio? what would be the impact?

2. If not, that does that mean that DWDM installation must be done in sequences with regard to site adjacencies?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

The following implementation guide might help you.

http://www.cedmagazine.com/ced/9809/9809a.htm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: