Views
Helpful
Replies

GLC-LH-SM

dancarrick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two sites located approximately 5kms apart, they have 72 core SMOF connected between locations.

I have a 6509 at the core and a 3650E at the remote, both have GLC-LH-SM SPFs.

The interface at the 6509 is not connected

The interface at the 3560E is UP UP

If I shut the 6509 interface, the 3560E goes DOWN DOWN

All SFPs have been used previously, I have looped both ends and confirm that the interfaces come UP UP.

I have confirmed the TX and RX paths and they are correct.

Any suggestions?

Dan

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

If available for the port in question, you could use the following command to see the receive/transmit power:

sh int gig x/y/z transceiver detail

Fred

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Baileyshbr,

Our switch configuration is different to the modules indicated in the links you provided, but this put me on the right track.

I read through the document and when back in and shut the gigabit interface and then set the speed nonnegotiate command (again). waited, then no shut the interface and it has come up.

Thanks.

Dan

Frederic Vanderbecq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you try to measure the optical power received on the 6500 and the power sent on the 4500 ?

It is possible the power level of the signal received on the 6500 is outside the receive window of the SFP.

Fred

If available for the port in question, you could use the following command to see the receive/transmit power:

sh int gig x/y/z transceiver detail

Fred

Fred,

Unfortunately, DOM is not supported on the module in the 6509 and it is not configured on the 3560.

I have got it back UP UP now, by shutting the interface and then configuring speed nonnegotiate, waiting, and then no shutting.

I dont know how many times I did this the other day, but it is working now, so I am happy. I will be reviewing the IOS bugs for the software version I am running.

Thanks for the help.

Dan

Dan,

Thank you very much for letting us know what corrected your issue.  This will document the resolution and help others that may experience this same issue in the future.

Tom