Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How To Connect To 1545 via CLI.

I am in despeate need of some assitance in connectng to my 1545.   We upgraded our software and now the lights on the 1545 just blink.   I do not know if I can connet to this via the rs232 connection or not.    I am not sure if somehow I can get the software onto the flash cards which are on the cards or not.  I tried to call Cisco for support but they told me they do not support this anymore.  I am dead in the water.  It seems like there must be some way to get the system back

• Optical Networking
Everyone's tags (3)
12 REPLIES

Re: How To Connect To 1545 via CLI.

The 15454 is still a valid product and still shipping. Maybe they misunderstood the part number (wdsd vs 15454) and confused it for a discontinued product?

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Well I will call again.  I gave them my serial number and was told they offer no support.   I am not sure what happened.  The upgrade looked good.  Everything seemed fine and I got a messaging indicating the upgrade was successful.   I then rebooted and now the lights on all the cards blink as if it is starting but it neve starts

If you have a good TCC card, you could try removing both (bad) TCC cards, put in the good one, wait for it to come up and be active and then insert the other (bad) card in the standby slot. The good active TCC card should write over the software and config on the 'bad' card. It takes a while, maybe 10 mins, you see flashing lights that show its working

It can happen that there is one 'bad' TCC card which has written over the other card, causing both to fail.

First of all I am grateful for your reply.  I called CISCO and they cannot assist me with this.  They actually told me to buy a new one.   I was taken back a bit by there attitude.  I offered to pay for assistance but they told me they could not support my box.    I am attempting your solution now.  I had tried swtiching the slots earlier with no results.  Any other solutions?   I am in shock that this has happened.  We have had not issues prior to this software upgrade.  They upgrade appeared successful... Lets say I cant get this resolved.  What are some options.

It worked ....Thank You

Can you insert these cards while the system is on.  Hotplugable??????

Yes. The cards are hot pluggable. But, it is recommended that you switch

to protection card before removing. Also, make sure all software is synced

before switching and removing.

Btw, what TCC card are you using and what sw loads were you moving from/to?

On Monday, April 30, 2012, hallcarrjames <

I am grateful for your replies   I really am.... Ok I am going for 9.03 to 9.2.13.    I have a ML-MR card that I cannot get the  system to recognize.  I thought maybe a software upgrade would assist me in getting the card to show up.  Then after doing the upgrade things went to hell.   Now I have the system back up.  The second TCC card is still in a failed state.  The OC3 card is red.   I think this is because any prior configuration is gone??????    I am not sure how to put the card in protection mode

I was out of the office yesterday.  I am back on resolving the 15454.  When I insert only one TCC2 card the system comes up. I then insert the otehr TCC2 card and it never comes on line.  The OC3 card is red.   Could it be the flash card on the TCC2 card not getting software from the first TCC2 card

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.