Views
Helpful
Replies

Huawei Optix and ONS

rvv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

We have SDH network build on Huawei equipment(STM-1).

But now we want to migrate to Cisco ONS. And we need to know strongly is Huawei SDH is compatible with Cisco?

A know this is trivial, standarts is equal to all, but maybe someone have expirience with this ?

Does someone connect Huawei Optix and Cisco ONS ?

2 Replies 2

CSCO10892433
Level 4
Level 4

I have had successfuly connected many SDH equipments from different vendors(like Lucent and Alcatel). As long as they are complied with ITU-T standard, there is no problem connecting them. The problem is that they are not compatible between their NML/EML applications, so, when you want to create a vc12 path across two different-vendor NEs, for example, you have to do that twice -- one for each vendor. You need two set of network management server, and that is not a cheap investment.Maintainence is also a big isuue.

So far, I don't have a chance to use Cisco SDH equipment(I hope I can in the future). So I'm not the person that are so qualified to answer your question, but I still hope my experience on this issue will provide more-or-less help to you.

Regards

SSLIN

thank you!

Our customers decide to migrate to cisco,

and i hope all be OK! :)

Another big problem that there is not courses in Russia where our customers can learn ONS equipment...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: