Views
Helpful
Replies

Java problem in CTC 8.6

Colin Higgins
Level 2
Level 2

We have an optical network with ONS 15454 devices that run CTC 8.6

I have tried to run CTC from machines above Windows XP with no luck (I've tried Windows 7 and Server 2012). I have tried JRE version 1.4 through 6.

I get "error launching CTC" every time (or different errors), and I never get the login prompt.

Is there anything I can possibly do here?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sumit Shinde
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Colin,

You may need to run below mentioned commands on Windows Vista or Windows 7 to Support CTC and also

delete a CTC cache and relaunch CTC

Step 1

a. Open Internet Explorer,

b. Click Tools > Internet Options.

c. Click the Security tab.

d. Select the zone that is appropriate. The available options are: Local Intranet, Internet, and Trusted

Sites.

e. Check the Disable Protect Mode check box.

Step 2

Complete the following steps to Disable TCP Autotuning:

a. From the Windows Start menu, click Search > Search for Files and Folders. The Search window appears.

b. On the right side of the window in the Search box, type Command Prompt and press Enter.

Windows will search for the Command Prompt application and list it in the search results.

c. Right click cmd and select Run as administrator.

d. Enter the administrator user ID and password and click OK.

e. A Command prompt windows appears. At the command prompt enter the following text:

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

Note: Autotuning can be enabled if desired using the following command:

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

Step 3

How to delete CTC Cache:

- Close all CTC sessions first

- After you launch StartCtc.exe application, a laucher window will pop up. Click Setting-> Delete Cashe

- If you are using web browser to lauch CTC and after you enter node ip address in browser, a CTC Launcher applet will be displayed. Click Setting-> Delete Cache

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Sumit Shinde
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Colin,

You may need to run below mentioned commands on Windows Vista or Windows 7 to Support CTC and also

delete a CTC cache and relaunch CTC

Step 1

a. Open Internet Explorer,

b. Click Tools > Internet Options.

c. Click the Security tab.

d. Select the zone that is appropriate. The available options are: Local Intranet, Internet, and Trusted

Sites.

e. Check the Disable Protect Mode check box.

Step 2

Complete the following steps to Disable TCP Autotuning:

a. From the Windows Start menu, click Search > Search for Files and Folders. The Search window appears.

b. On the right side of the window in the Search box, type Command Prompt and press Enter.

Windows will search for the Command Prompt application and list it in the search results.

c. Right click cmd and select Run as administrator.

d. Enter the administrator user ID and password and click OK.

e. A Command prompt windows appears. At the command prompt enter the following text:

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

Note: Autotuning can be enabled if desired using the following command:

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

Step 3

How to delete CTC Cache:

- Close all CTC sessions first

- After you launch StartCtc.exe application, a laucher window will pop up. Click Setting-> Delete Cashe

- If you are using web browser to lauch CTC and after you enter node ip address in browser, a CTC Launcher applet will be displayed. Click Setting-> Delete Cache

OK, I got this to work in both Windows 7 and Server 2012

You have to do the above steps and download the Enterprise Java SDK

You need to add the JAVA_HOME environment variable to the server, then bounce the box.

When you go into CTC for the first time, it will prompt to install Java 5 -say yes

You have to do the steps above and these for every user on the machine.

Great. Thank you for addional information

Is there an update to this post regarding CTC 8.5 and Java 7u45?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: