cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Link between 3750 and 4908 (Lx, monomode fiber)

slash.bdi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a new swtich a C3750 and a 4908 works very well.

I try to link a 3750 and a 4908, my results :

- Port of 3750 and 4908 is up when I put "speed nonegociate" . And juste few packets arrive to the 4908 and I can't ping the 4908.

- Port of 3750 is up with "speed nonegociate", and the port of 4908 stays down....

- Port of 3750 and 4908 stay down without "speed nonegociate" ... :(

You can see the 3750's config in attachments.

Ps : Sorry for my english, i'm a french student :)

Thank in advance

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Can you post the exact SFP code name being used on both the ends (both 3750 and 4908)?

Also are these 2 switches placed close in distance ??

regds

The Gbic SFP on the 3750 is a Prolabs LX/LC and on the 4908 is "normal" gbic LX (I don't know the mark)

and the distance is under 1.2 miles (2 Km)

Hi

In recent past i had tried interfacing 3750 installed with LX SFP with third party SFPs installed in Lucent DSLAMs with speed nonegotiate on the cisco 3750 side.

We did face some kinda wierd problems after the lucent DSLAMs get rebooted or sometimes even we disconnect and reconnect the fiber it happened that we failed to get the link(connectivity).

So i would suggest to go for an original Cisco SFP make to avoid all these intermittent issues which can result in unecessary downtimes..

regds

Thank you for your answer!

I belong to an student association, and we can not afford a new gbic..

Would it be other solutions, with the current material?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: