cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for an OID string for the IE-3000 switch

khansen
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for the OID string on a IE-3000 switch to give me the results for the optical Tx and Rx power as shown in the "show interface transceiver" command (this is the output i ran directely from the IE-3000 switch, BTW):

Optical   Optical

Temperature  Voltage  Tx Power  Rx Power

Port       (Celsius)    (Volts)  (dBm)     (dBm)

---------  -----------  -------  --------  --------

Gi1/1        30.1       3.29      -6.1      -7.3

The OID I am using on our 6509 switch for Rx power is .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.91.1.1.1.1.4.xxx (where xxx is the ifindex number), but I can't seem to find anything similar for it on the IE3000.  The closest I have found are the following, but those appear to be just descriptor tags:

.1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.2.1029 (tx)

.1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.2.1030 (rx)

Thanks for any help!

Kim

2 Replies 2

scnoyes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Kim,

Have you tried the Cisco on-line tool called the SNMP Object Navigator?

You can use it to translate OID into object name or object name into OID to receive object details.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?local=en

If you cannot find the reply you need in this forum, try posting to the LAN or WAN Routing and Switching forums.  This forum is mainly for optical issues (SONET, SDH, equipment)

Hope this helps,

-SteveN

I tried that, but i couldn't find what I was looking for, as I don't know the ojbect name.  What makes it hard is that the MIB file that I found this in the for 6509 doesn't seem to be supported by the IE-3000 series switch.

I thought there may be more people who are actively tracking their optics in this forum and would have a quick answer, that's why I posted here.  I will try the other forum as well, so thanks!

Kim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: