Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

May I use same transceiver MGBLH1 for linksys2024 and also for the module WS-4448-GB-SFP ?

Hi everybody,

I need to connect 35 nos switches linksys SRW2024 to one switch Cisco Catalyst 4503 - module WS-4448-GB-SFP, with single mode fiber optic.

So my question is, what kind of transceiver can I use to connect the switches? I will use also fiber patch panel, and I need to know also what kind of connectors,and patch cords I need for this one?

I have a few transceivers MGBLH1, this kind may I use also for WS-4448-GB-SFP?

Thanks in advanced for any help from you!

1 REPLY

Re: May I use same transceiver MGBLH1 for linksys2024 and also f

Typically, you cannot use a Linksys SFP modules within a standard Cisco switch due to a software compatibility check between the equipment and the SFP module.

For the Cisco switch, the following compatibility document provides the part numbers for your equipment.

<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL_6981.html>

I don't know if the Linksys has the same compatibility check software, but I would assume so.  It also prevents the user from purchasing SFP's from a third-party manufacturer.

Both the Cisco  SFP modules use LC style connectors.

Hope this helps!

Views
Helpful
Replies