Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New in Optical Networking

Im working on a client's project and we are tasked to provide WAN connectivity between 2 sites, 20km apart. We have to do the configuration out of the box. This is all new to me as we are more focused in traditional copper. Ive been trying to find a good resource on the whole activity list for this kind of install, and I'm not sure where to start and what to ask the client.

Any real life experience out there? Thank you in advance. The device is 15454.

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What speed are you envisioning the two links?  

You can link both sites using Long Reach fibre optic modules.  The speed can depend, you are spoilt with a choice of 1-, 10-, 40- or 100 Gbps.  

There is no mention of the speed, but we are expecting to receive a CTP file from client which will be coming from Cisco designer I supposed. I guess what Im asking is: how does the actual configuration of 15454 works? I need to understand in a project management and technical perspective, and I just dont know where to start. There is a lot of documentation out there, but nothing from the real world, which makes it all the more confusing. Thank you for your response!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: