Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ONS 15305 upgrade procedure

Hi

Could you please provide me common information about some key steps, which i will have to do to upgrade ONS 15305 (R 1.1.1) up to R 3.0 ?

Is this pocedure money free?

Thanks

Rgds

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Re: ONS 15305 upgrade procedure

Hi,

the upgrade from R1.1.x or R2.0 to R3.0 needs 3 major steps. First upgrade the system controller with the main sw image. Then load the complete network release with all firmware images for all possible modules. The last step would be to load the CTC image, if you want use it. The whole procedure is exactly described in the readme for R3.0.

No, it's not free. As every major release, you have to buy the normal sw lisence for GPL $750.

15305-R3.0.0SWCD= 15305 System Software CD, R3.0.0 RTU, Includes R2.2.0 CEC CD

I hope this answers your questions. Please rate all posts.

Thanks

Rene

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: ONS 15305 upgrade procedure

Hi,

the upgrade from R1.1.x or R2.0 to R3.0 needs 3 major steps. First upgrade the system controller with the main sw image. Then load the complete network release with all firmware images for all possible modules. The last step would be to load the CTC image, if you want use it. The whole procedure is exactly described in the readme for R3.0.

No, it's not free. As every major release, you have to buy the normal sw lisence for GPL $750.

15305-R3.0.0SWCD= 15305 System Software CD, R3.0.0 RTU, Includes R2.2.0 CEC CD

I hope this answers your questions. Please rate all posts.

Thanks

Rene

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content