Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ONS 15540 trunk side connector type

Hi all!

I can't find clear information about trunk side connector type on ONS 15540. As i understand, i should connect fiber optic cable to OADM, after that i connect OADM and transponder with internal pathcords. For internal pathcords on 8-port OADM module used MU connectors, but what connector types used for connect main cable? I have found information about MU and about SC connectors. So i don't know what pathcords i should require from cable providers.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: ONS 15540 trunk side connector type

The trunk side connector type for ONS15540 OADM modules is MU. Typically the fibre provider will terminate the fibre on a patch panel in the connector of your choice (eg SC connectors). You would then use patch cords to connect between the OADM and this patch panel (MU to SC for instance).

These can be sourced from Cisco, or from 3rd party fibre vendors.

1 REPLY

Re: ONS 15540 trunk side connector type

The trunk side connector type for ONS15540 OADM modules is MU. Typically the fibre provider will terminate the fibre on a patch panel in the connector of your choice (eg SC connectors). You would then use patch cords to connect between the OADM and this patch panel (MU to SC for instance).

These can be sourced from Cisco, or from 3rd party fibre vendors.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content