cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ONS15454:HOW TO choose the wavelength of a lighpath?

touchetiban
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible (on how if it is) to entirely define a lightpath establishment on the ONS15454. I have been looking around, in the TL1 commands, and all I found was ENTER CROSS CONNECTION command, which does noty give you a total control a the processus.

Let s imagine that I have 4 ONS15454 in a square

1 ------------- 2

| |

| | ( ASCII art...)

3--------------4

Is it possible for me to define a lightpath from 1->4 specifiying the route:

1->2 with lambda = X

2->4 with lambda = Y

What I would like is to have a total control of the LP establishment. If it is not possible through TL1, is there another way?

I hope someone will help me about that.

Thank you for the time spent reading that message.

TOUCHET Iban

2 Replies 2

p.pulickal
Level 1
Level 1

If you intend to use the Cisco ONS 15454 , then the only solution, IMO would be a hardware solution. It is my understanding that an OC-48 Tx wavelength cannot be modified at the software level. It ships from Cisco @ 1310nm , 1550 nm . In addition there are the DWDM OC-48 ELR cards with 100 GHz spacing . Follow the link below for more information on these cards -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/optical/ps2006/products_data_sheet09186a00800886cd.html

Keeping that in mind , if you do want to use a particular wavelength ,end-to-end , use the ONS 15216 in conjunction with the Cisco ONS 15454 at site 1 and break out the wavelengths at site 4 .

Hope this helps.

- P.

I resume what I understood: the ONS15454 allows OC192 connections. If I want to do some DWDM, I am supposed to had the DWDM cards, so that I could have many OC192 link on the same fiber. Is that right?

Just one question then: what does your "@ 1310nm , 1550 nm " mean? Why are there 2 wavelengths . (in/out)?

Can I at least choose the channel in a OC192 link if I want a STS3 signal for example? Does it make sense? What is the caracteristic of a channel (since, STS are electrical channel, is it frequency for example) ?

Many questions...

Thank you for your time.

Iban

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: