cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ONS15454: when to configure circuit as OCHCC or OCHNC?

jessada
Level 1
Level 1

I'm really new to 15454. Now I can configure my client circuits with OCHCC. But I wonder about the criteria on when to configure as OCHCC and when to configure as OCHNC.

Please advise.

2 Replies 2

p.krane
Level 3
Level 3

Using the TL1 client interface, you create the OCHNC layer that will be used by the OCHCC circuit, then create the OCHCC connections that involve the ITU-T line cards. The result is an OCHNC and two OCHCC partial circuits, instead of an OCHNC and a single OCHCC complete circuit.

Rene Frank
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can use OCHCC if your connection is using transponders. This configures all, the network connection and both transponders in one step. Otherwise you have to use OCHNC for your network connection and then configure both transponders separately in a second and third step.

If your connection is using DWDM GBIC's in a switch, then you have to use OCHNC, because you can't configure the end points.

So finally, the OCHCC is just a simple way to create an end to end connection over transponders in one step.

I hope this helps, please rate all posts.

Cheers

Rene

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: