cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ONS15530 gigaethernet negotiation

mferrando
Level 1
Level 1

I'm finding difficult to connect correctly two Catalyst4506 via an etherchannel (2 x gigaethernet) that passes thru a dwdm link made by ONS 15530 and using 8-port FC/GE.

The problem is during link establishment:

the log on DWDM continuosly reports

%METOPT-6-DI_ASSERTED: CDL Defect Indication: BDI-E Asserted on interface GigabitPhy7/0/2

%METOPT-6-DI_CLEARED: CDL Defect Indication: BDI-E cleared on interface GigabitPhy7/0/2

till one switch side goes in err-disable.

My idea was to disable any kind of negotiation both in DWDMs and in Switches to avoid any kind of unpredictable result.

Disabling the "laser control forward" option on 15530, the link comes up immediately, but then I get problem in case of one etherchannel port down (the other side still use the unavailable link).

Is there somewhere a good sample on how to configure these equipments in this scenario ?

Ciao Maurizio

3 Replies 3

rv1125
Level 1
Level 1

Which uplink/trunk card do you use on ONS?

A solution was found with the help of the TAC.

On ONS15530, "negotiation auto" has been enabled and on the Cat4506 side,let the speed negotiation enabled (no "speed nonegotiation").

With this configuration the linkis established immediately on routed port, it takes a little while for the trunk or etherchannel.

The uplink/trunk card was an 10Gbps ITU Line Card MU.

Thanks anyways for your ideas.

Ciao Maurizio