Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

OSC Framing

Hi All,

I want to know if I set OSC Framing in CTP for FE will I get 100mbps as communication speed between NEs or it will be still 192kbps on D1 to D3 in RSOH ?

Is it possible to change the OSC framing type from OC3 to FE in already deployed network without the help of CTP? if yes, what is the procedure?

I could not find descriptive information in CCO, and appriciate if anyone can shed some light on this.

Rgds

Harin

• Optical Networking
4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

OSC Framing

100Mbps

possible to change without CTP design.

for that...go to node view -- comm channels -OSC -- delete it ............but to do this you have to delete exisitng circuits, so take a maintenance window to do that.

after OSC deletion.

go to TNC card view - provisioning - PPM ... delete this exisisting and create as FE.

hope this will help.

fast way is to open a TAC case, tell someone to prepare database with FE on it. and restore that database on node.

it will be non-service affecting. but this is additional work not sure TAC will do :-)

please feel free to reach if further queries.

OSC Framing

Thanks Sunil for your quick feedback. in my network I have mix of TNC and TSC with OSC-CSM, in this case will OSC frame type FE work ?

Cisco Employee

OSC Framing

I don't see any option on OSCM or OSC-CSM card to configure FE.

you can buy TNC cards to do that :-)

Cisco Employee

OSC Framing

• delete circuits----delete OSC----delete internal connection---delete PPM, creat PPM for FE---creat internal connection----creat OSC ----creat circuit
  • and the OSC-CSM crad only support OC3/STM-1 format OSC, can't support FE.
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.