cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OTUK-LOF

Garth Salmon
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured a 100G-LC-C card paired with a 10X10G-LC card in MXP mode.  The one node is in-service but the other side has an OTUK-LOF alarm/LOM condition as well.  I've changed fibre patch cords from the odd shelf to the card but my levels seem to same the same when I change the fibre.  On the working side I receive -11.2 on the alarmed OOS side I receive -12.1  Anyone shed some light on this for me?

thanks. 

2 Replies 2

kayukovvalera
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Try next steps:

- check FEC mode on both side

- check service type on client ports (Eth\SDH\VDI\other)

- check\change pacthcords on both sites

- reboot cards

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
You may also need to configuring overclocking...
But in typical if there is not a configuration issue then the condition on the far end can be deterministic of where the failure is. As example, if you have a BDI on 1 side and LOF on the other, chances are the side with the BDI will have a faulty transmit.

The important thing is not just look at the alarms but check the conditions... I can tell you right now the 100G cards in our network frequently fail due to faulty transmit on the integrated optic.
-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: