Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with win 7, CTC 9.0.1 not started

Hi all,

I have a problem with windows 7 and CTC 9.0.1 it cannot be started. The error is present in the attached file. when i try with other PC with win xp it's working properly. Do you have this problem with win7 and how to resolved it?

thank you

10 REPLIES

Re: Problem with win 7, CTC 9.0.1 not started

I have same problem. There is anybody know this problem ?

According to the R9.0. user docs (as well as 9.1), Windows 7 is not a supporting operating system.  Unfortunately, this is not unusual for newer operating systems. You will need to check with your Cisco Sales Representative to see if they can find out if/when Windows 7 will be supported by CTC.

CTC will run under Windows 7. From what Ive found I had to remove all versions of Java and install a compatible version of Java first. Java VM Version: 1.5.0_17 allowed me to launch CTC in Windows 7. Oddly enough CTC reports Windows 7 as Vista after the java change.

CTC 9.2 is officially compatible with Windows 7.

I had success with Windows 7 and CTC 8.5.0 by experimenting with different JRE and CTC versions.  After much trial and error, I was ultimately successful with CTC launcher 9.2 and JRE 6 (1.6) logging into R8.5 nodes.  I'm assuming that logins to R9 would also be successful.

The most important thing was using the 32-bit versions of JRE, not the 64-bit versions (even for my 64-bit OS).  CTC assumes (and perhaps requires) that the 32-bit version is used.

is it posibile to work on CTC launcher 9.0v ? If doesn't I neet to upgrade CTC right

I also had the same problem with windows 7.

I was able to get CTC version 9.203 running once I uninstalled Java and reloaded the latest 1.6.0_21.

Cisco Employee

Official support for Win-7 has been added in release 9.2.0.

There are a few tricks to get older versions working.

1.      Use a browser other than IE like Mozilla, Firefox; run the browser in XP compatibility mode and then launch CTC.

2.      Use StartCtc.exe available on the CD and also can be downloaded from the node http:///fs/StartCtc.exe;

Save the exe on the desktop and run it in XP compatibility mode.

3.      Use the 9.20 CTC Cache Install Utility available and use it on older nodes. [http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=278281788&flowid=305&softwareid=281782980&release=9.2.0&rellifecycle=&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=all]

4.      Like the forum mentions, some versions of JRE work fine. Few intermediate releases of JRE 1.6.0 have issues. Use the latest 1.5 or 1.6 JRE.

Thanks

Rajat.

I have similar problem:

CTC 9.21

Win7 (x64)

JRE 6.30

Web-inreface starts and downloading of software begins too.

But the downlaoding process has lasted for 4 hours and I see only 10% success.

What can I do to solve this?

Cisco Employee

Thanks a lot!

Your advice has helped.

---

Sergey

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content