cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rack design for two ONS 15454's and two 15540-PWR-AC power supplies...

e.maloney
Level 1
Level 1

Looking for advice setting up two ONS boxes with two 15540-PWR-AC power supplies. The manuals/CCO show rack design for just the ONS boxes and a fuse/alarm panel. I have two side by side racks for the gear. Has anyone set up the power supplies for an ONS installation? Any feedback would be great.

thx.

- Ted

8 Replies 8

Are you purchaing a power rectifier to convert AC to DC? I was not aware we could buy and AC power supply for the ONS. We purchased a rectifier and from APC and plugged it in AC. Hooking up the DC ends from the rectifier was fairly easy to do as the leads on the APC unit matched word for word the labels on te ONS leads.

What I have is a 19" dual power supply shelf, stamped with Cisco Systems on it. Each power supply has an AC plug on its left and a DC -52V plug on it's right. It is about 2U high. So the power supplies are rectifiers. The cables it came with have a two prong connector on one end(that's mates with the DC connector on the supply), and two bare wires, red and black, on the other end. The product number on the box is '15540-PWR-AC='.

I also found out I'll be installing a fuse and alarm panel for each ONS.

we are installing a few 15454's. does this rectifier allow us to connect with DC or AC? jason

Hi

this rectifier uses AC as input power and has an output of -48V DC for the ONS15454. One 15540-PWR-AC contains two single rectifier and can deliver redundant DC power for one 15454.

We have a lot of rectifier installed for our network and have no problems.

Cheers

Rene

Please rate if this message helped.

trandstr
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco offers another power option for the ONS 15454... check out "Cisco AC/DC Power Supplies" at the url below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6063/index.html

Depending upon the input source (110 or 220 VAC), it can power 1 or 2 454s or other equipment.

Keep in mind that @ 110VAC each PSU (Rectifier) is only capable of 800W.

[The top of the PSU is labeled 1600W]

If you calculate power factor, that's roughly 7.8amps DC @ -48V per PSU @ 110VAC input.

which APC rectifier did you purchase? I'm looking to put in an ons 15454 in a new facility and need a recommendation. this could expand to 3 units so a scalable DC retifier is prefered.

Thanks

Review the AC/DC Power Solution Data Sheet:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6063/products_data_sheet0900aecd801a002a.html

Per the Data Sheet...

The Medium will power 1x 15454

The Large will power 2x 15454

A few things to note...

1. The Power Solution can possibly power more 454s based on the actual power draw of the nodes.

2. There are only 4 circuit breakers on the Large expansion panel. A & B power for 2 454s.

3. It is recommended 454s have 30A fuses/breakers per power source. This can change based on the actual hardware config.

4. You could possibly use the 15A GMT fuses.

5. You could possibly incorporate an external PDU for additional fuses.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: