Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Reusable channel on DWDM

Hi!

Have a question on reusable channel in DWDM network. For example, let consider 3 dwdm node A B C which are corrected in a ring manner in unprotected configuration . In this case let use ONS 15540 ESPx with unprotected LCMB and TSP configuration. If I connect one A West to B East on channel 1, can I reuse channel 1 to connect B West to C East ? To my understanding, in unprotected configuration, it is possible to use reuse a channel if it's transmitted to the opposite direction while in protected configuration say splitter based, there can only be once instance of a channel in a ring. Is this correct ? Appreciate the help. Thanks.

2 REPLIES

Re: Reusable channel on DWDM

Yes, you are correct. You can reuse a channel in an unprotected design eg A-B and A-C. Protected channels exist over both paths between source and destination so can be used only the once.

Re: Reusable channel on DWDM

Thanks to you again for clearing that up. FYI we're also looking in this direction to optimize channel usage where protection are not required.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content