Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SC/PC to MTRJ

Hi,

I have problem with connect PA-POS-OC3SMI (with SC/PC connector) to OSM-4OC3-POS-SI (with MTRJ connector). I have SC/PC-MTRJ patchord and I tried several different configurations and nothing. Maybe someone have the same problem?

3 REPLIES
Green

Re: SC/PC to MTRJ

I believe you are having a "power problem" ....(too much optical power)

You don't mention any distances between the devices you are connecting (you did say "patch cord", so I'm guessing it's close), but the PA-POS-OC3SMI is an intermediate reach device ("medium" power); if the devices are closer than a couple fiber-miles away, then you will probably need some optical attenuation to reduce the power level to the receiver (both sides).

Good Luck

Scott

The documentation for both of these modules show output powers up to a max of -8dBm, with Rx overload of -8dBm and Rx sensitivity down to -28dBm.

Provided you are using a SM patch cord, you should be OK (but as Scott mentions, a little attenuation wouldn't hurt). I would recommend you check the Rx power level at each end with a power meter. This should confirm if the patch lead is OK, or if the power levels are out of range.

Regards

Rob.

Thanks for help.

This time it was card problem, it was broken.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content