cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SFP-OC3-MM can support STM-1 SM LC Connector connectivity

kvsrinu2008
Level 1
Level 1

please let me know, whether the link will come up or not, if we terminate STM1 Single Mode fiber with LC Connector to Cisco SFP-OC3-MM Module card. if link comes up then how will be the link performance

4 Replies 4

Tom Randstrom
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Many years ago, we ran a test that interconnected a OC3 SM card to a OC3 MM card. I believe it was using MM fiber (not SM fiber). Although we did get the link to operate, its performance was very unstable. Slight movements of the fiber jumpers cause the link to fail. It was definitely not an installation I would want to rely on.

Can u please give some input to make link stable as one of my client has Cisco 7206 VXR Router, which has SFP-OC3-MM Module card and service provider has delivered the link using single mode SFP card in their Mux and link has been extended through LC Patch Cord to connect to router.

What do you suggest us to make the link up and running with good performance.

Have the client purchase a SM SFP module for the 7206 that matches the service providers SM interface. This will allow for stable operation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: