Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

STM1-to-E1s

I have 8 ports STM card installed in my ONS 15454, a customer want to connect central site to 3 remote sites. The connection between the customer and us is on optical STM1 connecting to port 1 on ONS. The three other sites will share this STM1 in this ratio Site1-30E1, Site2-18E1 and Site3-15E1. All I have on the ONS is this 8-ports STM1(OC3IR-STM1SH-1310-8). All the remote site are connected using optical. Will this solution be achievable without using any other cards?

2 REPLIES

Re: STM1-to-E1s

I am not clear on the network configuration.

Is your 454 connected to 4 customer sites using an STM1 link for each (total 4 STM1 links)? Or is your 454 connected to 1 customer site using one STM1 link and the customer is then connecting to the other 3 sites using STM1 links?

Sorry for the lack of a good response.

Silver

Re: STM1-to-E1s

Hi ,

If you have got the answer fine otherwise whatever you have mentioned is enough for the link.

1 STM1 have 63 E1 and if you connect customer site in ring u can divide as per ur message 30+18+15=63 with one port ONLY.

If making point to point link for all 3 sites then need 3 STM port on your ONS.

Views
Helpful
Replies