cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI route point issue in IPMA

kimyin-tay
Level 1
Level 1

THe customer site' manager phone extensions varies from 0 to 3 ( 1st digit )

The Manager extension ranges from 0XXX, 1XXX, 2XXX and 3XXX.

In IPMA, we can only configure 1 CTI route point, i looked thru' the Cisco documentation, the CTI route point is configured by fixing at least the 1st digit, which means, 3XXX.

Any advice how i could resolve this problem ? Can we configure the CTI route point as XXXX ?

THe CallManager server version is 4.0(2a)

8 Replies 8

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I've set it to all XXXX in a lab environment with CM3.3 without any obvious problems...

You could also try [0-3]XXX to match the range if you want to narrow it down.

Calls will only hit the route point for IPMA if there isn't a longer match in any partition - if you have an extension with DN 1010 it will go straight to that as the match is closer.

This is shown by the IPMA doc that tell you if the translation pattern created when you set up IPMA is different to the route point (i.e. RP 1XXX, trans pattern 11XX) then calls may be matched to the trans pattern first and not be properly IPMA routed...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

zerhaft
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Kimyin

I may have gotten you wrong, but if you have the urgance to configure more Manager extensions or extension ranges, you don´t need another CTI Routepoint. You only need one CTI Routepoint for IPMA and you have to add lines to that RP. Like you see Line 1 - 1xxx under Directory numbers and you should find Line 2 - add new DN - below. Simply add 2xxx and another line with 3xxx and so on in the Routepoint.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards

Klaus

wrightmp
Level 1
Level 1

I was under the impession that the managers lines had to be totally exclusive from the regular user numbers. Can you confirm that so long as the route point covers the managers Numbers, any other number can also be in this range aswell. The documentation infers that the Route point range must be exclusive .

Thanks Mark

Hi Mark,

Yes, any number can be in this range as well.

You need to make sure though, that your Manager Lines are in a special manager partition..

(did you run the wizard?)

Just create multiple Lines on the CTI routepoint to cover all Manager DN's, just like the other responders told...

Great , that has cleared that one up - I could not find that anywhere. Many Thanks Mark

CCM 5.04 supports 2 lines max on a CTI route point,

as I recently discovered; so I will have to configure CTI RP line with patterns like XXX or [17]XX, as I have learned in this discussion.

I just wonder what happens, if somebody dials unused numer, which will match the route point pattern, but not the manager's number? Do I get back the correct information, i.e. unused number dialled?

CM 5.04 Support lines more than 2 line, the problem if you create 3 rd line , it will show that the maximumNumcall is limited, that because the Maxnumcall on the first 2 line that you create = 5000, 2x5000= 10000

that will reach the maximum... then you just

decrease the maxNumcall to 10 for each line..that will help.

ESB_DJ
Level 1
Level 1

Use multiple line on 1 CTI route port

For example:

Line 1 : DN = 0XXX

Line 2 : DN = 1XXX

Line 3 : DN = 2XXX

Line 4 : DN = 3XXX