cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ext mobility faiover not working - Cisco Document is incorrect ?

nkariyawasam
Level 1
Level 1

know that Ext mobility failover is best supported in CCM ver 6.X.

I am refering to CCM 5.0 Developers guide, under " cisco extension mobility API programming" - under " faiover support" in the following doc link;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_programming_usage_guide_chapter09186a00806ea5d5.html

Where it says we can configure external DNS server to point the server IPs in the cluster.

I have tried to implement this but, even if I configure the IP address manually to point out the subscriber and when I simuloate the publisher failure, following happens;

1. Users who already logged in cannot log out ( they cannot call ext mobility service which already has been subscribed to dev profile).

2. New users cannot still log in ( There is no respose when they select the Exct mobility service which now pointed to the subscriber server ).

Does this mean that I am missing something ? OR is this document itself is misleading ?

1 Reply 1

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

only in 6.x you can have feature redundancy if the Publisher is down...

The example you mention is if a subscriber is down and you will the use another subscriber to interface the EM (and NOT if Pub is down)