cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Gatekeeper inbound traffic

pijssel
Level 1
Level 1

I have a simple configuration, one gateway controlled by one gatekeeper. Outbound traffic is working fine, only inbound doesn't work. I haven't got a clue where it is going wrong.

see attachement for network infra and configs.

7 Replies 7

aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

Try this doc:

http://www-search.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800a9a56.shtml#table3

Since you have a BRI and using g729 for 20kbps, then with a bri at 128, you could probably limit to a good 4 simultaneous calls assuming the bri is dedicated to voice only and using only 73% of your bw.

If your sharing with data, then you should use 33% of your bw and limit to 2 simultaneous calls for G729

1. so follow the doc

2. use prefix for your 252427107 or 252*

3. and limit your bw for your zone to 40(33%) or 80(73%)

hth

Oops I just saw your CM in the pic so below would be a better doc:

http://www-search.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080169445.shtml

btw, I think you need an "incoming called-number ." on your pots dialpeer

michael_davis
Level 4
Level 4

Is the gateway IP (213.144.232.34) defined as a gateway in CCM?

By default, CCM will not accept calls from H323 endpoints that it doesn't know about. Configuring a trunk only tells CCM about the GK, not the GW.

If you want to disable this behavior, change the following CallManager Service parameter:

Accept Unknown TCP Connection : This parameter specifies the valid value as True or False. If the parameter is set to True, the system accepts incoming TCP connection even when corresponding H323 gateway or trunk profile is not found at the time of TCP connection establishment; otherwise, the system rejects TCP connection.

This is a required field.

Default: false.

Hi Michael,

Yes, the Gateway is configured in the CCM. I've tried setting the 'Accept Unkown TCP Connections' to True. But without any result.

For the record, I now have outbound calls controlled by the Gatekeeper. And inbound calls uncontrolled.

If I do a 'Show Gatekeeper endpoints', I can see the Gateway being registered, but also the H.252 Trunk wich is configured on the CCM.

Here's a few other ideas in order:

1) You have direct-inward-dial on an analog dial-peer that I can only assume is an FXO or FXS port. While you can get ANI on an FXO-M1, DNIS is not available. So get rid of the direct-inward-dial and configure a connection plar on the voice port pointing to an operator or your test extension.

2) 'debug gatekeeper main 10' will tell you what the GK is doing to resolve 252427107 - whether that resolution is working properly.

3) If you can see the GK is working, then you're passing DNIS to the GK and to CCM. At this point, if the inbound call still fails, then you've most likely got a dial-plan issue.

4) I'm sure you know this stuff, but you'll want to carefully re-visit these items to ensure there are no mistakes. The Dialed-Number Analyzer plug-in is your friend!

Verify Significant Digits and Calling Search Space on your Trunk config. Make sure you're only allowing the extension portion of 252427107 through, and that the trunk uses a CSS that contains a partition where either the extension, or an appropriate translation-pattern reside.

5) If you get to this point, re-evaluate your CSS/Partitioning.

Yesterday I got it to work, only they are nog contolled by the Gatekeeper. It also was very strange since I firstly configured a destination-pattern 252427107, with a translation pattern on the CCM. This didn't work.

Then I had it configured with an num-exp 252427107 1000, this did work. Just this morning I had it reconfigured with the Translation-pattern, and rechecked everything. And it worked. Strange since this config is the same as the one before.

Now I have the dial-peer configured as below (thus controlled by the GK, and this also is working!

!

dial-peer voice 252427107 voip

destination-pattern 252427107

session target ras

no vad

!

Realy strange that a config in the first place doesn't work, and later it does :S

btw, the Voice Gateway has an ISDN BRI interface.

tnx everyone for the advises

does anyone know if this needed a services restart or not?  I am almost 100% possitive this is my problem, and TAC says no restart, but still not working with out.  Have 8 CUCM's and lots of users, dont want to restart if I don't need to.

Anyone know?

Chad