cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I lock the display while using a service?

beatefiss
Level 1
Level 1

When a push is executed on my phone (e.g. an incoming call) while a service is opened, the display is erased.

But I have seen that it is possible that the display is locked while using a service.

Can I configure a service, the CallManager or a phone to behave like this?

3 Replies 3

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

"But I have seen that it is possible that the display is locked while using a service. "

Where have you seen that? It would be news to me that you can stop call functionality (which is the basis of every phone) for some secondary function.

Ok, I'm not sure but I think I have seen that the display has not been overwritten by the call-panel when I picked up the receiver or when the phone receives an incoming call.

But I am sure I have seen the following:

We have a push service that pushes a message to the phone every 3 seconds. When I open a service, the push doesn't overwrite the display.

Is it possible to find out that the services are opened on a phone? Perhaps the push service uses this?

"We have a push service that pushes a message to the phone every 3 seconds. When I open a service, the push doesn't overwrite the display. "

That's an easy one.. when you push you can indicate a priority, which can have 3 values: 0 (always display), 1: display when idle, 2: display only if the phone is idle.

That offers a means to find out if a service is on screen: do a push with priority 2, then get the XML object representing the current phone screen, and if it matches with what you sent, clear it again. Perhaps you can also do something with the phone screen content that you can query (there's a way to get the XML object directly.. it has been posted here a bit back but I don't recall the url :(